How to Beat a Chocolate Addiction?
Chocolate addiction is probably one of the most widespread addictions existing on earth. It is not talked about as frequently as the other addiction types because the harmful effects of chocolate takes a long time to show up. In this article we have discussed a few tips that will help you to control your chocolate cravings. Read this article now and you will be successfully avoiding the chocolate cravings during Christmas.
- The first thing you will need to do is admitting that you are incapable in resting yourself from eating chocolates. Then make yourself understand that the happiness you are getting by eating chocolates is biochemical in nature. You must realize that this happiness has nothing to do with your social condition. Instead of becoming happy by eating chocolates, try to make new friends, spend more time with the old ones; do everything that you can do to be happy without harming your physical and mental health.
- You can consult an experienced nutritionist; he will help you to lead your life without feeling the urge of going for binges. This will not only help you in getting rid of chocolate addiction, but will also increase your energy levels and make you lose weight.
- Try to analyze your chocolate cravings. Do you crave most for chocolate when you feel stressed, happy, angry, depressed, bored or during premenstrual phase? When you identify the trigger of chocolate cravings, staying away from chocolates will be a lot easier for you.
- Prepare a list of people, whom you have hurt with your unexplained grumpiness, mood swings and self loathing after having a chocolate bar. This will make you realize how you are spoiling your relationships.
- Whenever you feel the urge of having chocolate, get engaged into some physical activities until the cravings subside. Exercise helps in releasing endorphins, a hormone counteracting feelings like depression, anxiety and stress. If after exercising, you still feel the craving, have a banana instead of pouncing on a chocolate bar.
- Your meals must be filled with vegetables, wholegrains and protein-rich food items. Having the right kinds of foods will keep you blood sugar levels balanced and also help you stay in a good mood by regulating the brain chemicals. So, for becoming happy, you will not need to have chocolates anymore.