Pornography Addiction Must Be Handled Carefully
According to majority of the mental health experts around the world, Pornography addiction begins mainly from the viewing of pornographic videos magazine hoardings. Today, the problem has turned even more serious due to the frighteningly powerful tools like internet, social media and Smartphones. How will you know whether a person is suffering from pornography addiction? Here are some signs found in the porn addicts:
- Irritability and anger if asked to stop porn use
- Leading a secret or double life for using porn freely
- Trying to hide the entire or a certain part of porn use secret
- Continuing to use porn in spite of obvious consequences like job or relationship loss
- Getting involved in porn use neglecting other important work
One needs to be honest in his or her actions for recovering from this addiction. One may find it humiliating, embarrassing or shameful to seek professional help for getting rid of porn addiction; but those feeling must be kept aside for finding the right solution to the problem. Pornography addiction when not treated at the right time often interferes with personal life of the addicted individual and the person he or she loves. The following tips may help you in getting rid of the addiction:
- Talk to a therapist or a trusted friend or any person who will be honest with you about your problem. Discuss in details; don’t hide anything. However, the best option is consulting a therapist.
- Follow the addiction prevention plan suggested by the therapist
- Connect your computer and Smartphone to tracking devices that will allow others to know what you are doing online.
- To recover from the problem you must be aware of the signs and stages of porn addiction; report the therapist if you experience any sign of the addiction.