Herbal ways to defy smoking
There can be raised no question against the fact that smoking tobacco is highly detrimental to the health. Once the act of smoking is put hands on, it does not take time to transit into a habit. And, to quit it after it becomes and addiction, is like aiming the sky. The intricacies of quitting smoking are too many in number and too much in effects. Hence, most smokers don’t even give a try. But there is no harm in that. Even the sky could be touched with determination and discipline. Even to stop smoking for just a few in number days is like inviting the perils of the withdrawal symptoms. This makes it even harder for the smoker to adhere to the dedication that controlling the smoking addiction needs. There are many other hindrances that obstruct the path of fortitude that one develops to decide to quit smoking. But, despite all this, there are some natural and herbal measures that can allow a smoking addict to quit smoking in a bit easier way.
The best way to help on quit smoking is to suggest him a remedy that is herbal in nature. Herbal remedies are helpful in the discontinuation of any kind of disease or any other condition. Let us have a look at some of the herbal remedies that a smoker can use to defy the addiction to smoking, once and forever.
Herbal ways to defy smoking
- Lobelia is a herb that consist of lobeline that is a supposed substitute for the nicotine. Lobelia is a toxic herb and, hence, excessive use of this herb can cause intoxications to the health. The reason why lobelia is allowed instead of nicotine is that it has similar characteristics as those of nicotine, but except the addictiveness.
- Wild oats, according to the recent researches made, prove quite effectual in cutting down the urges of smoking a person can get. Also, the withdrawal symptoms of quitting the smoking addiction, like insomnia, anxiety, nervousness, fear, sweating, etc., can be given a stay by the use of wild oats.
- Centella Asiatica is another herb that can be used to calm down the smoking addiction and its withdrawal. The act of smoking kills the red blood cells in the body and the respiratory disorders caused by it are contributors of the low blood circulation in the body. Centella Asiatica not only boosts up the circulation of blood, but also sharpens the memory. In short, this magical herb fixes the dents of smoking to the body.
- Garcinia Cambogia, another herbal remedy that effectively aids in implicating a control on the natural desires for smoking that arise in the minds of smokers.
- The herb of Mimosa can be used to prepare a tea, drinking which proves helpful in the control of the post- effects of the quitting phase – like headaches and anxiety. Mimosa tea, if drank regularly, prevents the recurrence of smoking urges in a persons physique.
- The Korean Ginseng is a herb that acts as a stress buster, naturally, and thus can be substituted instead of tobacco and nicotine that are used by smokers to bust their tensions and worries.
- A natural sedative is the Valerian herb that helps in sedating a person when urges of smoking take over him. This herb assists in posing control on the anxiety and stress and also signs like insomnia, thus acting as a muscle relaxant.
- A herb called the St. John Wort is a encouraging remedy for curing the smoking addiction, since it shows signs of positive changes in the mental attitude of the smoker that is very essential as the first step of quitting smoking.
- The hyssop herb is the one which is used often as the cure for the withdrawal symptoms of refrains from smoking. It has properties that are seen to be extremely beneficial in alleviating anxieties and signs of hysteria, generally felt post saying continuous no to smoking.
- The Chinese Cao Su is a herb that is useful in reducing the desire to smoke itself.
- Motherwort is yet another crucial herb in the list of smoking addiction alleviators that induces tranquility and is seen to relieve the anxious behavior that is developed in a person after he quits smoking.
- Some names of the other herbs that can immensely aid the process of quitting smoking include Gotu Cola, Garcinia Cambogia, Parrot’s Beak, Skullcap, Willow, Goldenseal, Blue Vervain and Oregon Grape Root.
- Just to mention, green tea and other herbal teas are also effective in curbing the desires and urges to smoke.